Friday, May 18, 2012

Frustration !!!

Spent three hours sewing together most of a quilt top on Thursday night only to realize that my blocks were not lining up due to sewing errors.  So spent four hours tonight ripping apart, cutting down and re-sewing the rows.  Only got about 1/3 of it re-done tonight!!!

So frustrating that I was not more careful during the first sew but am happy with the new result.

Can't post any pictures as this quilt is a gift and surprise....

Have you ever done this?  I guess it is a good lesson learned but feels bad right now !!!

Friday, May 11, 2012

2012 UFO #2 Done

Got the Binding sewed down on the second of my yellow-green Diamond Patch quilts - which is my 2012 UFO Challenge #2 - which was the number picked for May.  So I have completed the May project a little early.

So with this completion now our guest room has quilts on both beds.  This is the biggest sewing/quilting project that I have ever done and I am very happy with the results.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

2012 UFO #1 - Finally Done !!!

For the 2012 UFO Challenge #1 was chosen for February but it was at the quilters.  After some difiiculties (see my earlier post about problems with the backings), I received it back from the quilters about a week and half ago.  And last night I finished sewing down the binding so I finally get to post it as a completion !!!!!

And now Judy has picked #2 for May and that is the second of my yellow and green diamond patch quilts and the binding is already sewed on, just have to do the hand sewing and that one will be done also.