Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March UFO #8 - Already done !!!!

For Judy's 2012 UFO Challenge for March, she picked #8 - which for me is a small baby quilt.  The top was done, binding material chosen and sewn together and the backing material picked out, so all I had to do was layer, tie and bind.  Finished the binding tonight and am excited to have this one done early in the month !!!
Had to make the picture large as the light was too bright.... I need to get better at taking the photos of my quilts. 
This picture shows the detailss of the materials better.  The pattern is one that I have made up myself - it uses 49 5-inch squares and a couple of strips at the top and bottom.  This allows me to use up scrap materials from my stash.   For this one I had some flannel material for the backing that matches the square patterned material - but I did not take any pictures of the backing.

I have made about 5-6 quilts using this pattern/layout most of which have been giveaways as baby gifts and/or donations to charities.  Think that I want to expand the pattern/layout to be a little bigger - will try it on the next one.



2 comments:

  1. Always love it when I can use my stash and not have to buy "more". Thank you for sharing your finish. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bright olours, great for a baby quilt. Taking photos is a challenge in itself!

    ReplyDelete