Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Quilt of Valor #1

I participated in Judy Laquidara's New Year's Day Sit and Sew and made her pattern for the Quilt of Valor program.  Here is the finished product.

















The Quilt of Valor program has longarm quilters who donate the quilting for these quilts.  I was directed to send mine to Ebony Love of Love Bug Studios in Grayslake, IL.  Ebony's quilting is fantastic - see the picture below.


















Love the flags and stars in the pantograph!!

The Quilt of Valor program also allows you to dedicate your quilt to a serviceperson.  I have dedicated this quilt to my grandfather, Edwin Ira Stevens who was a chaplain during World War II and a Baptist Minister for about 40 years.  Grandpa Stevens was (and continues to be) a wonderful influence on my life and an example of how to live a Christ-like life.



 On to the next one....  :)


1 comment: