Saturday, April 6, 2013

Successful day at the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo

The Original Sewing and Quilt Expo was in Schaumburg this weekend which is not too far from my home. I set myself a budget and stayed below my upper limit.

Found backing fabric to go with a table mat kit I had bought at a shop near St Louis, IL.


I bought an applique kit of a Canyon View, a candle mat kit (that includes some wool pieces to be appliqued), some more computer theme fabric for one of my future projects and some more 'house' fabric for the Cabin in the Woods quilt I want to make.





I bought a kit and some fabrics cuts for more baby boy and girls quilts. 

And I bought some fun things... A travel mug, quilt charm necklace and two button rings.  I also found a seam guide that I had heard about and wanted to try. My last treasure is a  "Born to Quilt" sign that will look great on the top of my new Vanishing Design Wall (my wonderful husband is going to put it up for me tomorrow and I will post after it is done!!!). 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like good stuff! Sure wish I could have gone with you, but it is hard to be in two places at once!

    ReplyDelete