Monday, May 19, 2014

Paper Piecing - First Project Done

I bought a pattern at a quilt shop in Amana, Iowa last year for a Welcome banner.  At the time I bought it I did not realize that it was a paper piecing project.

I have never done paper piecing but do have another kit that I inherited from my mother that I have looked at and thought about but never tried. 

This past Thursday night our quilt guild, NWQG, had a speaker who talked about Paper Piecing so when I had the day off on Friday to sew I decided to try the Welcome banner.

My first attempt at the house was successful but my choice of fabric for the sky was terrible!!  So I just made another copy of the pattern and started over again. 





Here is the finished product!!  I got it machine quilted and bound over the weekend and now just need to get something to hang it out on my front porch.


Another project done - on to the next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment