Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Florida Vacation - Post #1

We are down in Ft Myers Beach, FL with our daughter and granddaughter.  The weather is warm - almost 90 - and the humidity high but we are having a good time.

I have finished one book - a historical fiction around the Titanic disaster.  It was good and I enjoy learning some new history.  




My husband and I went kayaking yesterday. I had never been before and we needed to try it out before our Alaska trip next year.  Here is a picture from my kayak while out in the water.  



And here is a picture of my husband. 



We were out for almost two hours and I did get the hang of it.  As I was pulling into the dock a baby manatee came up next to me and it was awesome!!!   

We played on the beach just after sunset last night and made a sand castle.



Off today to Sanibel and Captiva Islands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment