Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 UFO Progress already !!!

I finished sewing together the second of my Diamond Patch quilts for our new guest room on Saturday afternoon and then yesterday got the backing and binding materials done.  Here are pictures of both quilts with their backing material.  I decided to put a horizontal band using 5" squares and 2" pieces from the quilt top - I love making backings with different bands of fabric - it makes the backing as fun as the top. 
Some of the fabrics are the same between the two quilts - such as the border fabric - but I had to dig through my stash when I decided to make the second quilt.  Luckily I still have fabric that I inherited from my mom and I have no problem adding to the stash myself!!!!

Quilt #1


Quilt #2


Took these pictures on the beds that they will eventually be used on.  Now all I have to do is box them up and send them out to the long-arm quilter.  Can hardly wait to get them back!!!

1 comment:

  1. They look great Becky. You are so good at this craft! I love the colors you chose. They are going to look smashing when they are quilted.

    ReplyDelete