Wednesday, April 25, 2012

2012 UFO #4 Done

I have decided to swap projects for the 2012 UFO Challenge for April from # 10  to #4   (the point is that I got a project done... not necessarily which one !!)

I wanted a second quilt for our family room so did this one in dark blues, maroons, greens and tans.  It looks great on the back of a wing chair.


















It is called the Scrappy Patch pattern and is from a Fat Quarters book that I bought... I did use fat quarters for over half of the fabric but ended up buying some yardage also to get the right color combination.
















Update added May 9, 2012 ->  I was showing this quilt to my children the other day and noticed that I made a mistake in the piecing!!!  You can see it in the second photo  -  look at the bottom left corner.

Did not do that on purpose but I guess that makes it an authentic quilt.... always an error as only God is perfect !!!




8 comments:

  1. Very nice, I like the color saturation. Were these cotton FQs? It looks like its made from wools

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabrics are cottons though I can see why they might look like wools

      Delete
  2. Looks great! The colors work well together and your precise piecing is very evident. Good work - as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern it looks great...do you know what book it is out of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The booklet is called Hooked on Fats2 by Paula Stoddard

      Delete
  4. love. it. i just might have to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I really like this, it really stand out. It will be so nice for your family to enjoy. Good job. I'm interested in the which pattern it is too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The booklet is called Hooked on Fats2 by Paula Stoddard

      Delete