Thursday, November 28, 2013

Double Dozen Quilt Done!


In November, 2012 I took a class at Linda Z's with my Aunt Bonnie taught by Kaye England using her Double Dozen pattern book.  I have been posting about my progress over the past year as I worked on finishing this.

I took the quilt top to Pieceful Gatherings in Fox River Grove, Il to be quilted in early September and got it back a few weeks ago.  Tonight I finished sewing down the binding!



I am very happy with the quilting as the quilter did flowers in the large and small white block areas. The sample we saw in class had something similar and I think it makes the quilt


This was the largest and most complicated quilt I have done and it feels really good to have it done.  

It has now taken up residence on the back of our family room couch so that I can use it on cold winter nights!!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment