Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Austen Family Album Quilt - Blocks 29 & 30 Done

Due to family activities and then a sinus infection I did not get last week's and this week's blocks done until tonight.  

Block 29 is Lend & Borrow for James Stanier Clarke who was a royal librarian who encouraged Jane Austen and may be Jane's model for Mr Collins in Pride and Prejudice.  

Also my fathers family has lineage with the last name of Clarke ( and my fathers first name is Clarke) so maybe I am a long lost relative of James Clarke!!!


Block 30 is Caroline's Choice for Queen Caroline.  I love this block and may have to use it in a future quilt



That's 30 of 36 blocks done!  

I started to think about which layout to use for these blocks.  The Austen Family Album Quilt blog has several layout options and I am considering one of the 'on point' layouts but not sure yet




No comments:

Post a Comment