Saturday, February 4, 2012

Heart String Quilt Project

I follow a fellow quilter/blogger named Mary and she is part of a group called Heart Strings Quilt Project.  They run year long challenges to make String Quilts using different colors and/or themes and the finished quilts are given away to worthy organizations.  See the link below -> 
http://heartstringsquiltproject.com/

So I printed out the instructions from the website and last night I pulled out my scrap and strings containers and made my first Heart Strings block

I think I need to go get a new template to help me cut them correctly but not bad for my first one!!!

The group has a challenge this year to make either 24 or 48 blocks enough to make a small or large quilt.  Thinking about trying it myself as it did not take that long and was a fun distraction from other projects!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment