Monday, September 30, 2013

Design Wall/Table - September 30, 2013

I started a new quilt project called "Oh Christmas Tree" in a queen size for our Master Bed.  I bought the Northcut Metallic Stones Strip Packs to make this quilt and spent a good part of the weekend cutting all of the pieces for the quilt.  Here is a picture of the pieces all cut out.


Because I was not sure about how to assemble this quilt, my wonderful quilt mentor Aunt Bonnie sugggested that I do a test with spare fabric.  

So I took some cream and green fabrics from my stash and made a quick three three row using the cutting instructions.  Glad I did that as I had to rip out the sewing on the first and second seams about two or three times each.  



Think that I willl sash this three tree panel with some Christmas fabrics and make a table runner out of it!!!

So now on to sewing the 12 rows of eight trees each.  Think that this will take me most of the month of October and that I will do some other projects in between as I get tired of sewing the same things together over and over.  

Stay tuned for progress reports !!!!




1 comment:

  1. Great idea to use your sample! This is going to be one stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete