Sunday, July 13, 2014

Wedding Quilts Delivered

We had a bridal showed for my niece Kelsey and niece in law to be Sierra out in Freeport, IL at my brothers house.  

My Aunt Bonnie and I had made both of the girls quilts as gifts. Bonnie and I each made half of the blocks and then we combined them together.  

Bonnie finished the Charmed Pinwheel quilt for Sierra which included sewing the blocks together with the sashing, quilting on her long arm machine, making the label and binding the quilt. 






I finished the Anita's Arrowhead quilt for Kelsey which also included sewing the blocks together, machine quilting on Bonnie's Longarm and binding. Bonnie made the label for this quilt which includes a picture of the lighthouse painting that Kelsey had done for her grandmother when she was a child.  Also the backing material of lighthouses was part of her grandmothers stash. 




Bonnie and I love doing these projects together. Not only does it give us a chance to be with each other but they help to use up our own personal stashes of fabric!!!

Best wishes to both Kelsey and Sierra for many happy and healthy years with their future husbands !!


1 comment: