Monday, September 29, 2014

Quilting Weekend

My Aunt Bonnie and I went up to Twin Lakes , WI this past weekend for a quilting weekend.

We setup our sewing machines at the kitchen table 

Then we used the converted porch for our ironing, cutting and design wall area


I had taken five projects with me and I am glad to say that I worked on all five of them!!

First I finished Block 25 of the Austen Family Album quilt (see previous post).  

Then I assembled a Hopscotch board project.  The board turned out so big that I had to take the picture in two pieces.





My third project was the Blue Schoolhouse kit that I purchased from Pam Buda.  I was a little nervous as the pieces were small but I got it done and I love the finished product!!



My fourth project was to make blocks for a pattern that I purchased on Craftsy called Stained Glass.  I did finish all twelve blocks but did not get a picture of them. I also got them laid out how I want to sew them together but need to cut the sashing strips before I can do that

My last project was to lay out and sew together 48 blocks for a project that I can't show.  The project is a gift for someone that reads my blog.  

It was a great weekend and I can't wait to do it again!!  Thanks Bonnie for a great time.





1 comment:

  1. It was a fabulous weekend. Excellent company and a view. What more could one ask for?

    ReplyDelete